IMPORTANT: In accordance to recommendations set by health officials due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our workshops are cancelled until further notice. We will post more information as it becomes available. Take care and be well.
Check again later for updates to the full list of workshops. If you would like to suggest a workshop, contact us at email@example.com.
|21 Sep 2019||1 day||Bookbinding 101||Spike Minogue|
|26 Oct 2019||1 day||Free Bookbinding Day: learn, shop and play||Spike Minogue|
|23 Nov 2019||1 day||Single Section Half-Leather Binding||Tiffany Eng-Moore|
|14 Dec 2019||1 day||Rounded Boxes||Spike Minogue|
|11 Jan 2020||1 day||Limp Vellum Binding||Bronwyn Glover|
|14-16 & 21-23 Feb 2020||6 days||Bookbinding I (sold out)||Spike Minogue|
|15-16 Feb 2020||2 days||Marvellous Paper Marbling (postponed)||Nancy French|
|14 March 2020||1 day||Magic Box with Secret Compartments (postponed)||Tiffany Eng-Moore|
|20-22 March & 3-5 April 2020||6 days||Bookbinding II (postponed)||Spike Minogue|
|11 April 2020||1 day||Tool Making and Modification for Bookbinders||Tiffany Eng-Moore and Paul Champion-Demers|
|9 May 2020||1 day||Starbook||Barbara Helander|
Workshop policy and other information
- Registration is open when full details of the workshop are made available, usually a month and a half, if not longer, prior to the event date.
- Workshops are limited to eight participants (some exceptions apply), and generally run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (times may vary, see full details in the course description)
- Cancellations are accepted and fees refunded if requested 14 days or more prior to the workshop date. Thereafter, the amount will be reimbursed only if the “ticket” can be resold prior to the workshop date. The CBBAG Ottawa Valley Chapter reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time prior to their commencement due to insufficient enrolment or other reasons; fees for cancelled workshops will be fully refunded. Due to the intensive nature of CBBAG workshops, it is not possible to make up missed days; fees cannot be refunded.
- Participants are responsible for arriving on time at the correct location. See course description for correct dates and times.
- Material fees are paid to the instructor at the beginning of the workshop. If applicable, cost is mentioned in the workshop details.
- Tools and materials are supplied at the workshop, unless otherwise noted; participants may also bring their own hand tools if they wish.
- Although there are a few places within walking distance to get coffee/tea and lunch, participants are encouraged to bring a lunch and snacks to save time.
- CBBAG instructors have the right to dismiss disruptive students; fees cannot be refunded.
- Photography is permitted only for personal use; otherwise, permission must be obtained in writing from CBBAG.
Questions, comments, suggestions? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org